What is Inventor?
Inventor® 3D CAD software provides professional-grade mechanical design, documentation, and product simulation tools.
Powerful blend of parametric, direct, freeform, and rules-based design capabilities.
Integrated tools for sheet metal, frame design, tube and pipe, cable & harness, presentations, rendering, simulation, machine design, and more.
TrustedDWG® compatibility and powerful Model-Based Definition capabilities for embedding manufacturing information directly in the 3D model.
Why use Inventor?
Improve product performance
Reduce repetitive tasks
Key features of Inventor
Focus on design as you create and edit your 3D models with an intuitive user interface
Shared view collaboration
Collaborate with key stakeholders on your designs from any device
Speed your 3D modeling process by rapidly creating new configurations of your designs
Include manufacturing information in your 3D model for downstream applications
See how your design will fit and perform at the assembly level
Work with non-native data
Directly open designs created from other CAD systems with no translation necessary
Automated frame design
Quickly create and simulate 3D models of your weld frame designs
Choose your standard components from a comprehensive customizable library
Quickly create clear, accurate, detailed drawings for manufacturing
Read and author Revit data as you participate in BIM projects
Design and prepare complex sheet metal products for manufacturing
Create and evaluate high-performing design options in minutes
Share feedback with built-in collaboration tools
- Work with anyone, anywhere no matter what CAD software they use.
- Collect feedback from stakeholders wherever they are using cloud-based design review.
- Follow the product development lifecycle with one data model.
Satisfy demands for custom products and automate processes
- Design efficiently using specialized industry toolsets.
- Enable design automation powered by iLogic.
- Access Inventor API to create add-ins.
- Access Forge Design Automation API for running job processes in the cloud.
- Increase your sales opportunities while participating in BIM projects.
- Automate the simplification of your designs for required LOD.
- Include necessary metadata for BIM-authoring tools.
- Export your designs to a BIM-ready Revit format.